Thursday 30 October 2014

The Skillful Huntsman


I've recently read the Skillful Huntmans by Scott Robertson, Felix Yoon, Mike Yamada and Khang Le. There are some aspects in this book which I find interesting and want to include in my work for this project such as the work of Mike Yamada where he takes his silhouettes a step further by putting them into photoshop and painting over the top of them in white, creating many different characters with each silhouette. There are many other techniques I've learned from this book such as the Lost line technique and the importance of the characters pose and clothing them right for purpose etc. 

I want to use these techniques throughout my project to help create individual and unique characters. 

"Most young designers don't realise that graphic design is a huge part of entertainment design. At the core of designing anything visual, you can always start with the proportions of the objects silhouettes and then move inward by adding the graphics." 
       - Scott Robertson 


No comments:

Post a Comment