Friday 17 October 2014

Perspective Part 2


Here is a drawing I've done of the front of the McManus building here in Dundee. The weather is getting colder and wetter in Dundee so I highly doubt I'll be able to do any more sketches outside, which is a shame. I do however, live on a 4th floor so I could try and do some more perspective studies from my flat window where it's dry and warm. 

With this study I feel like I've failed miserably, perspective has never been my strong point seeing as I've only really started studying it when I entered university. This sketch was supposed to be a warm up but it started raining so I couldn't continue. I also tried adding in some white pen to try and add highlights but it literally ruined life so I tried to erase them. All of my lines are wrong with this picture, especially the steps, everything seems to be going off in different directions and altogether is doesn't actually look like its part of the same building.    

I think that I should just sketch what I see outside my flat window and take my time and actually study what I see, not rushing because of the weather or getting distracted because of passers by trying to talk to me. I should make the time to look and reflect on the lines I see and try to incorporate that into my drawings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment