Tuesday 21 October 2014

DOTA 2 Visual Style Guide


Here are some screenshots I've taken from the DOTA 2 Visual Style guide. I've taken screenshots of what would help me the most in terms of character design in 2D as there was some slides on 3D modelling which wouldn't be appropriate here in this blog. The slides speak for themselves and I intend to take what I've learned to help me creating a Ashley Wood character in the style of DOTA 2 as well as creating my own character designs for this brief. 
What I noticed the most was the use of gradient in DOTA's designs which I didn't notice before as well as the colour palettes and wheels which will most certainly help me further on in this module. There is a lot I can take from this visual style guide such as the value gradient, colour schemes and mixing items for each character.     













No comments:

Post a Comment