Monday 20 October 2014

Ashley Wood Visual Style Palette Test


Here are some colour and texture palettes I've painted to try and get a better sense of texture and style of Ashley Wood's art. I used several brushes and painted without thinking of anything in particular. It was quite fun and I get the sense that Ashley Wood wouldn't have an image or specific character in his mind while painting, but just let the colours, textures and his had move and see what he creates in the end. 
I can see myself using this technique in the future and in this project to help me create character designs and silhouettes. 

Overall, I find Ashley Wood's style is very fun and appealing to me, but I don't think have this sort of heavy and complicated textures and paintings could be taken into an actual moving character into a game. I could however, use the techniques and character designs I've learned and studied into my own work for creating my own character designs for this module. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment