Monday 13 October 2014

Looking into the Character Designs


Below is some of Bob Rafei's character designs with some of my annotation. what I notice a lot with Rafei's work is that they adopt the same/similar pose, both male and female. This isnt exactly a bad thing, just repetitive and it doesn't show the characters personalities, particularly if they're all wearing similar clothes. I do like the diverse faces which still comply to the species as well as the different body types.     



Below is some charter designs of DOTA 2 as well with some markings I've made. What I notice a lot with these character designs is lots and lots of triangles! I personally love triangles, the more angles you can put into a character the better, it just keeps my eye interested. I did notice that with the female characters a lot of them a very strong in body and stance as well as some of their attire made to look powerful (the two female characters 1 from the right). However with female characters that are over sexualised, there are still some triangle aspects in their design but followed with more soft curves or the body and attire. 




Below is some of Ashley Wood's artwork and some colour blobs (what I call them) of each of his paintings. For a lot of Wood's paintings his usually picks a 'theme' of colour and sticks to it, such as brown or green. But somethings there's hidden burst of colour which I really enjoy as well as all the texture in his paintings. For the character designs, some of them adopt the triangle pose and a lot of his character wear huge baggy clothing, making them appear quite bigger that what they most likely are.  


No comments:

Post a Comment