Friday 24 October 2014

Coloured Ashley Wood and DOTA 2 design and visual style


For this colour test I used the DOTA's Visual Style guide and continued on from my drawing on my last post. I firstly blended all the value patterning together so there wasn't any sharp lines or value etc. I then started adding colour on top of my image keeping in mind that there should be some level of high saturation of colour on top of the character and very little towards the bottom like the visual style guide says.
I've chosen my 3 colours by taking them from the original artwork, brown being the most dominant colour in the painting with red a close second. There are also hints of a green in the painting too which I used to dot around my own interpretation of it.

Overall I have learnt a great deal from doing these studies and visual tests, some of the techniques I've learned I will continue to use throughout this module and in my own personal artworks too. The next and final visual research will be to try and create the final look for this module that I can take and carry on to create the final character designs that the client will love.


No comments:

Post a Comment