Monday 20 October 2014

Bob Rafei's Character Design in Ashley Wood's style


Below is a visual style test that I did which was taking a character design and pose from one of Bob Rafei's drawings and painting it in the style of Ashley Wood. 

There was obviously some difficulty in producing the style because Ashley Wood paints traditionally which for me painting digitally, was difficult to get that tradition painted feel into my work. I do feel that I incorporated his use of colours well and how some of his characters tend to blend into the background like I've done with this characters lower legs. I do want to create another painting, maybe just a colour palette of textures and brushes to try and get Ashley Wood's style across.

Overall, I feel I've incorporated the two artists well, I do however think it will be harder to get the textures of Ashley Wood's paintings onto a live and moving character in a game engine.   



No comments:

Post a Comment