Sunday 14 September 2014

Perspective Evaluation




Here is a perspective drawing I did for my first practical in Computer Arts Practice. We were told to go off and to try create a sense of depth within out perspective drawings. Unfortunately I didn't get very long to draw mine as Bar One were changing the tables/redecorating so I was made to leave, I did take a picture before I left though. 


The main reason I choose to draw this scene was the lines of the window against the neighbouring building and how they almost clashed with the lines of the tables and chairs. I thought it made a good contrast and would be fun to draw.

When looking back at my drawing and comparing it to the photo, there are some obvious mistakes that I made apart from not being able to finish it. The blue lines of the window panes don't match to the one in the photo and the green lines of the building are in the third window almost reaching into the fourth while in the photo its in the second window reading into the third.
These little mistakes have altered the perspective in my drawing as the outside building looks taller making it look like I'm drawing on a lower floor than what I actually am. This will automatically make anything I draw relating to the road out of perspective and I did have a lot of trouble trying to draw the vanishing point of the road to the point where I just gave up.
There was also something I noticed with the perspective of the tables that some of their vanishing points were very close to the one of the road. I could of used this to help guide me into making the correct vanishing point for the road.


I'm hoping to go back to try and draw this scene again at some point and spend a lot more time on it so I can finish and perfect it as well as using the 'props' of tables and chair to help guide me to the vanishing point. I'm also going to try and lighten my lines for the outside building to try and create the sense of depth that I was looking for.

Overall, I don't think its a bad first try but as always, there's plenty of room for improvement!


No comments:

Post a Comment