Thursday 25 September 2014

Live Drawing Evaluation


For this weeks practical we were to spend just under two hours 'people watching'. This is where you sit in a public space and watch people, making mental notes of how they walk, their character, their posture etc and drawing them. We were to draw them using quick fluid lines, not focusing on detail, just trying to create the sense of character and capturing a personality. 
The first two pages I did were a bit rusty and I feel like I should of used up a page of just drawing circles and smooth motions to warm up first but for next time I will remember. I tried to keep my lines as quick and fluid as possible as well as trying to create the motion and character of the people walking past. 



There were a few things I noticed of the people I was drawing, and that was that most of them were quite elderly. Mostly because it was 9am on a thursday so most people would be at work, but there were a few young people too, mostly elderly though. After noting this I tried to create a tired, hunched and leaning to one side that many people did while carrying their shopping. I feel like I've succeeded on some parts but I was aware that I didn't want pages of just on type of person so after a few sketches I moved onto some of the more younger people that I seen. 





Overall, I believed I did well and I really enjoyed this so I will most definitely do this again in the near future. Mental notes for next time is that I should do a warm up page to get my hand and arm warmed up before I start doodling as well as trying to build up my skills of drawing more simple quick fluid lines to create characters.   


No comments:

Post a Comment